What we publish and where
Visibility and Abstracting / Indexing
Whatever your research we have a place for you to publish. You can choose our general medical journals (BMJ, BMJ Open, Postgraduate Medical Journal) or one of our specialty titles. We also welcome your original, interesting and novel cases in BMJ Case Reports. You can opt to have your research transferred to another BMJ Journal should it be rejected from your first choice.
We also publish a series of secondary publication journals highlighting the best evidence in internal medicine, mental health, nursing and therapeutics.
BMJ Journals uses sophisticated search engine optimisation to make sure our content is ranked highly in Google and Google Scholar searches. We also syndicate the content in the BMJ Group's Specialty Portals and International Editions as well as to third parties including Medscape, Ovid, and EBSCO.
- Speciality Portals
- The BMJ Speciality Portals highlight relevant content in specific areas from BMJ Group’s specialist journals and the BMJ. There are also links to the latest relevant jobs, plus BMJ Learning modules and discussions from doc2doc, BMJ Group’s clinical community for doctors worldwide.
- As an author this is just one of the many ways that your paper will receive exposure if you publish with BMJ Journals.
- International Editions
- Local editions have been published by BMJ Group for over 20 years and we currently publish almost 50 local editions. They are a way to extend our content to doctors and healthcare professionals who would normally not access the print or online journal for a variety of reasons. We work with local editors and publishers in many territories with the majority of local edition distribution funded by sponsorship. In most cases these are published in print with interest building for online versions.
- For an author, the benefit of these editions is extended exposure of your article. It may be translated or republished in English and either the full text will be published or the abstract. The editions drive traffic back to our journal websites where the viewer will be able to view the full article.
- We help you to make your data available online (and linking it back to the publication) providing a new pathway for others to learn about your work through topical searches. There is a demonstrated correlation between the availability of a dataset linked to a journal article and that article's citation rank. All data packages and data files you deposit will receive persistent, resolvable Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) that can be used in a citation as well as listed on your CV. When you re-use your data, or when others use your data it will be cited in the same way that an article would be.
Abstracting / Indexing
The majority of our titles are indexed by all the major abstracting and indexing services such as:
- BIOSIS Previews
- Excerpta Medica (Embase)
- Index Medicus (Medline/PubMed)
- Science Citation Index
Please visit the individual title to see a full list of abstracting/indexing for that particular journal.
RMD Open publishes high quality peer-reviewed original research covering the full spectrum of musculoskeletal disorders, rheumatism and connective tissue diseases, including osteoporosis, spine and rehabilitation.
Visit our site to find out more and:
• Sign up for email alerts to keep informed of journal developments
• Access our FAQs and our Instructions for Authors